Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Software ver. N910VVRU2CPG2 for 6.0.01
TRVLR1

Today I updated to Software ver. N910VVRU2CPG2 for 6.0.01. It went from really bad to worse. It lags or sometimes doesn't even respond, battery depletes 5 times faster and now it won't even read the sd card!!! I've already spent too much time trying to figure it out and I am now to the point where I am beyond frustrated. How will these issues be resolved?

Labels (1)
Re: Software ver. N910VVRU2CPG2 for 6.0.01
Evanjake2633

I am having the same exact issues with my note 4. My battery is depleting while I have it on charge no less.

0 Likes
daimien

Did you try resetting the phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you tried a system cache clear from the recovery menu?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

TRVLR1, this is definitely not what we like to hear. Updates are meant to improve your device. Have you tried a Factory Reset on the device? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Evanjake2633, I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with the battery life on your Note 4. I heavily rely on my cell phone and expect it to charge as it should. When did you notice this trouble begin? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TRVLR1

I did indeed and unfortunately it didn't help.

0 Likes
TRVLR1

I am not going to do a factory reset, I've already wasted enough time trying to get it to work. I understand how planned obsolescence works and even though the hardware (Note 4) is perfectly fine, the software was designed to work against it. There have now been two 6.0 updates (NOT beta) and each one has been worse than the previous. Again, my phone worked well then it was wrecked after those updates. I am not the only person experiencing these issues. This is infuriating to say the least and I am very disappointed for having to waste so much time trying to resolve an issue that shouldn't be.

CAMSDAD206

Just updated my Note4 today. WiFi is practically a joke. Worked fine yesterday. All other devices working fine. But not my phone.

I want to go back to previous version, or have this fixed.

And before you suggest it, I do NOT want to do a factory reset. Last time I did that, it took DAYS to get my phone back to where it was before.

HELP!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Samsung specifically writes their updates to not allow user to revert their devices to the previous version of the software.  Even if one could, such discussion can't be had on this community forum because of the ToS here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes