Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Total Device Protection for 6 iPhone 7's...What should I do?
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

We have 6 iPhone 7's.  2 for adults, 2 for grandparents and 2 for the kids.  I am trying to determine what the best solution for coverage.  I understand that only VZW offers Loss/Stolen coverage.  This does interest me, as my son's iPhone 6 was stolen out of his backpack from school last year.  Claim chances:  Adults=below average, grandaprents=slim, kids=high.

4 of the 6 iPhone 7's will be traded in within 1 year. 

I totally get there could be a billion scenario's, but for those who had had or do have Apple Care + and/or VZW TDP, what made you choose what and why?

If I have the pricing correct....

Verizon

$33/month for all 6 devices.  $199 deductible per device.  1-year w/ no claim cost is $396.   w/1 claim=$595, , w/2 claims = $794.  Includes all damage and loss/theft.  Good for 3 devices chosen at time of claim. 

Apple Care +

$129 for 2 years.   $29 for screen damage.  $99 for other damage.  1 year no claim for 4 iPhones is $258.  1 year 3 screen claims = $345.  Add 1 damage increases to $444.  Prorate when you end AppleCare+ early.  No coverage for loss/theft.

Nothing

Apple screen repair is $129. Other damage is $319.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Total Device Protection for 6 iPhone 7's...What should I do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RMCCAMMAN,

Having extra coverage on your device is always a good idea, especially now a days. We do have the different levels of coverage. Our Total Mobile Protection not only cover lost/stolen but physical damage as well. For these you would file your claim through Asurion and pay the deductible. The TMP option also will extend ut your one year manufacture warranty to the life of the device. If something goes wrong with your device after the one year manufacture warranty (ex: speaker goes out, battery dies, touchscreen not responding, etc), we will replace the device at no cost to you. You may check out more about our insurance options here: http://vz.to/2dDprnn

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RMCCAMMAN,

Having extra coverage on your device is always a good idea, especially now a days. We do have the different levels of coverage. Our Total Mobile Protection not only cover lost/stolen but physical damage as well. For these you would file your claim through Asurion and pay the deductible. The TMP option also will extend ut your one year manufacture warranty to the life of the device. If something goes wrong with your device after the one year manufacture warranty (ex: speaker goes out, battery dies, touchscreen not responding, etc), we will replace the device at no cost to you. You may check out more about our insurance options here: http://vz.to/2dDprnn

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

vzw_customer_support - In regards to the warranty being extended and replacement device at no cost to me, where can I find the info on exactly the claims that require the deductible and the claims with no deductible?  The link you provided does not provide the answers to my question. 

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Self insure and pay the damages or loss if it comes up. Pocket profit if it does not.

In the 1 year scenario with 1 claim on VZW insurance - comes to $595 - and you get a used phone. For $50 more you could get a brand new iPhone 7 32 GB.

If the kids break screens more than once a year, consider AppleCare+ for those phones. A screen break of once, self insure comes out ahead - with 1 year turnaround on phones.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

If any of the 6 phones are insured, I would just insure the ones with the highest risk of loss or damage ie the kids' phones. That would also reduce the costs over the year or two of ownership.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

Or make them use a Lifeproof case.