Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Total Mobile Protection not worth it IMO
phoneuserneeder

I rarely do things like post in a community, but my experience trying to get TMP service after having paid for it for over a year on three devices...that's $45 month...was so frustrating, I just had to say something. For starters, my wife signed on to TMP because the account rep made it sound like our overall plan would be less expensive if we had it. Come to find out it is its own separate Add-On. Shame on me for not going behind and verifying everything. I'm not a Verizon account agent, and my wife is smart...there was no cause to doubt either of them.

Here's what happened: my screen died. I didn't drop it, it was Otter Boxed, not a single scratch on the iPhone 6S..it looks brand new. Walked into a Verizon store and before greetings are completed, the person at the store asked if I had insurance..I said yes. She said they don't touch that, I have to call the insurance company, that being Asurion. Boom! Out of the gate a roadblock to moving forward. I go home, go online, start claim process, get prompt I need to call a number in order to proceed..at this point I use another phone to make the call. Long story short, the call cannot be completed. Another roadblock. I tried and tried and end up on phone with Asurion and the connection is lousy; it sounds like his headset mic is under water. I struggle and plead with him to change his end of things but it never gets better. Call is dropped. 

Next day, I try calling and chatting and cannot get through. Last effort was hitting 1 for a callback and that was two days ago...no callback to date.

So, major international corporation cannot be gotten hold of. Something tells me if I wanted to buy something, they'd be able to be gotten hold of.

I have since canceled TMP and have to live the lesson that a good $500 plus dollars in paying the $45 a month is gone. I simply could not get a claim seen through to fruition. It shouldn't have been that hard or that type of experience from the get-go.

What's next? I imagine some 'Leader' on here will respond by saying 'sorry' and then proceed to tell me what I should have done different or ask if I tried this or that. Again, between brick and mortar store, online, chat, and voice call....getting what I had been paying for could not be acquired.

Total Mobile Protection, in my experienced opinion, is not worth the money you pay every single month, perpetually, nor the hassle you incur by trying to get access to what you paid for. 

0 Likes