Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Total Mobile Protection vs Total Equipment Coverage?
BRITIG86

Just got an iPhone 7 128g and I was wondering: 1st, what is the difference between these two options because the Total Mobile seems to just offer "fast personalized support for your device"... not exactly sure what the point of that is. 2nd, how does that differ from the Total Equipment Coverage? Furthermore, lets say I had either one and my screen cracks? Do I pay anything for another device? I read here that if that was the case I would have to pay a $199 deductible for another one, is this basically the situation?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Total Mobile Protection vs Total Equipment Coverage?
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Congrats on your new iPhone 7 BRITIG86. I certainly understand that there may be questions that come along with purchasing a new device and that is what we are here for. Let’s dive in to ensure all your questions are answered for you so you may make the best decision for you.

For Total Mobile Proctection (TMP):

• Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (Same incidents as TEC)

• Verizon Extended Warranty (EW)

• Verizon Tech Coach (You receive personalized service to help with technical device questions, including how to connect VZW devices or equipment with other products and services:Cloud Services,Personal Computers, Printers,Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC,Routers, Televisions,Third-party apps

• Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) Premium application

• Free Overnight Shipping

For Total Equipment Coverage (TEC):

• An optional service for VZW customers that covers wireless devices for coverage on a lost, stolen or damaged device.

• Extended Warranty Coverage

If your screen cracks, this would be covered as it covers any lost, stolen and moisture or physical damage. And you are correct, all claims are $199 per claim and you may file 2 claims within a 12-month period.

-TakendraW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs

I can confirm there is a deductible.  For a screen repair, it usually costs less to repair on your own. 

2 claims in one year and Asurion cancels coverage.

I don't use insurance, so the difference in packages is not some thing I can answer. 

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Congrats on your new iPhone 7 BRITIG86. I certainly understand that there may be questions that come along with purchasing a new device and that is what we are here for. Let’s dive in to ensure all your questions are answered for you so you may make the best decision for you.

For Total Mobile Proctection (TMP):

• Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (Same incidents as TEC)

• Verizon Extended Warranty (EW)

• Verizon Tech Coach (You receive personalized service to help with technical device questions, including how to connect VZW devices or equipment with other products and services:Cloud Services,Personal Computers, Printers,Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC,Routers, Televisions,Third-party apps

• Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) Premium application

For Total Equipment Coverage (TEC):

• An optional service for VZW customers that covers wireless devices for coverage on a lost, stolen or damaged device.

• Extended Warranty Coverage

If your screen cracks, this would be covered as it covers any lost, stolen and moisture or physical damage. And you are correct, all claims are $199 per claim and you may file 2 claims within a 12-month period.

-TakendraW

0 Likes
spike747474

I've done all of the insurance options. Verizon, Squaretrade, and AppleCare. If you have a Apple Store close, do AppleCare. Phone fixed or replaced on site and deductible is more reasonable.

0 Likes
koko11

Just save the $8 or $11 per month and self insure. If you do crack your screen, take it to a Apple store and they will give you a refurbished one for $200 most of the time. I have done that many times, crack screen, water damage. I always took it there, told them it was my fault and walked out with a Apple certified new refurbished unit in just a few minutes for $200.

0 Likes