Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Total mobile protection
nanc1234

Asked 3 times to drop yet reps refuse. And was told if I ask for replacement I get refurb when I’ve been paying for protection. Why 

0 Likes
Re: Total mobile protection
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

@nanc1234 wrote:

And was told if I ask for replacement I get refurb when I’ve been paying for protection. Why 

Because that is the insurance you are paying for. If you don't want a refurbished replacement, you should not be paying for the insurance.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

How do I cancel my device insurance / device protection?

You can cancel your device protection option at any time online. Upon canceling, you'll receive a prorated refund of your monthly fee.

Note: If you cancel your device protection, your current device won't be eligible again, except possibly during future open enrollments. Open enrollments aren't guaranteed.

1. Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.
  2. Tap or click the Manage Your Products tab at the top of the page.
  3. If you have multiple lines on your account, select the line with the device protection option you want to remove.
  4. Find the device protection option you wish to remove, and tap or click Remove From Account.
  5. Review the changes and bill impacts on the confirmation pop-up, and then click Remove Product to confirm the transaction.

Note: You can only remove a device protection option from one line at a time. To remove the same product from another line, select that line and repeat steps d and e.

You've canceled your device protection. Your device is no longer protected.

From  Device Protection Insurance FAQs

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello nanc1234,

We want any and all issues to be resolved in the first contact with us. I regret to learn you had to ask multiple times to remove the Total Mobile Protection (TMP) from your line. I'm definitely able to assist you with a resolution today. Thanks to tikibar1 for supplying the correct information on how you can remove it in My Verizon at http://spr.ly/66071DfIZ Here are those steps again for you:

-Go to the Manage Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

-Click the Manage Your Products tab at the top of the page.

-If you have multiple lines on your account, select the line with the insurance product you want to remove.

-Scroll to find the product you wish to remove, and then click Remove from Account.

-Review the changes and bill impacts on the confirmation pop-up, and then click Remove Product to confirm the transaction.

In addition, I want to provide you with some details. If you remove the TMP from your line and don't have any coverage, your phone is no longer covered if it's lost, stolen, or damaged. If that happens, without insurance the out-of-pocket expense to replace it is more than the cost of the deductible. Here's a link to the most frequently asked questions about device insurance: http://spr.ly/66081DfIw My phone lives life on the edge every day, and I'm sure it's the same for other customers. Having that insurance gives you peace of mind in knowing you're covered if anything happens. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, thank you.   

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes