Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Protect - Completely wrong
kurotori

After several phone calls, numerous Asurion hanging up on me, I can say that the "up to 10 devices" protection offered by Verizon Protect is a completely wrong.

I was trying to get the screen repaired on my daughter's iPad. That's it. The first, and only time I've tried to get something fixed through Verizon protect, and it was nothing short of a nightmare.

First -- we went and logged the claim for Verizon protect through Asurion's website. Entered PIN, phone number of the device, and got our card out to pay the deductible for the replacement.

When we got to the options we were offered for a replacement -- this was the first red flag. A nondescript, detail-less screen offering one option to replace the device. The previous year's model with significant features missing. I googled the device name to confirm, and it was correct when it arrived. We were sent a sh*tty, incomparable replacement device.

When I called back to request that I get something equal to the original device, not something I could go on eBay and pay $300 for (mind you, the deductible was $229,) the first rep completely hung up on me mid-conversation.

Wow! This is going great! For a service that I am actively trying to use for the first time this makes me feel great!

The second person I reached at Asurion offered me little help as well -- and spent half of the phone call trying to upsell me to a more expensive "protect" plan.

The third was a little bit more helpful, but only said "we have to send the first one back" (it was already with USPS, in the return service.

Finally, I spent several hours talking to Verizon about how bad this experience has been, how if I had just saved this money instead of wasting it -- I could have bought her a brand new 2021 iPad! They reconnected me to Asurion over the phone, and lo and behold -- they had an iPad of the other silver color of my model! Wow! So Asurion is actively and purposefully baiting Verizon customers into accepting a worse model as a replacement. 

I would strongly recommend all Verizon customers CANCEL and NEVER USE Verizon protect, as it is money completely and entirely wasted, if you don't have the patience to sit through hours and hours of phone calls to get Asurion to stop being misleading.

This has been an absolutely miserable experience and no one at Verizon has offered to own up to this and give me a credit for this experience. So now I'm basically out $1000 in premiums and nearly two full work days sitting on the phone trying to get Asurion to stop trying to give me a downgrade for replacement.

Re: Verizon Protect - Completely wrong.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kurotori, allow us to start by apologizing that you have had to go through all of this. This is never the kind of experience we would want for you. Keep in mind, Asurion is a third party vendor and not a Verizon service. While, yes, you are billed through Verizon, Asurion actually offers insurance to all the major cell phone companies. We do take your feedback seriously, though, and will be sure to pass along this experience. 

-Christine

0 Likes
kurotori

This is not clearly explained when you sign up. It is billed, and entirely appears to be a Verizon service when you sign up.

It's really unfortunate that a service that Verizon offers that should make your life easier is honestly just a s c a m used to milk customers of more money.

kurotori

If Verizon isn't willing to own up to their service being a rip-off, they should remove the Verizon name from the service and title it appropriately -- Asurion Protect -- here to offer you the worst 'comparable' model and milk you of money hoping you won't submit a claim ever.

silver6055

@kurotori wrote:

If Verizon isn't willing to own up to their service being a rip-off, they should remove the Verizon name from the service and title it appropriately -- Asurion Protect -- here to offer you the worst 'comparable' model and milk you of money hoping you won't submit a claim ever.

Right, but as customer support says, Asurion is used by all the major cell companies (and lots of other companies as well for that matter) for both repairs and promotion returns.   So they have grabbed the market very nicely!   I guess no carrier finds it profitable enough to bring in house.  If customers switch because of a bad experience, they can rest assured that they will find exactly the same bad repair/promo experience with the new carrier (and many of those carrier's customers are switching in the opposite direction)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are experiencing increased volumes. We will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays with a return message.

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6006KLVIO

-Lorenzo

0 Likes