Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Total Mobile Protection - Don't Buy It!
PeteGeeHomes
Verizon and @asurion are in partnership on the #worstpurchase I ever made! I paid $17/month for 35 months for the Verizon Total Mobile Protection. Ha! What a joke!!! After almost 3 years, my daughter's iphone XR dropped from the school bleachers and we filed a claim through the "Total" "Protection" process. The monthly payments plus the $229 deductible (what the bleep!!!) we are paying $824 for a replacement XR. That costs WAY MORE than a new XR! On the Verizon website today they sell the new XR for $499, or certified pre-owned for $279. I don't even know if the replacement phone we're getting is new or refurbished because the Asurion human service is so bad. The one time I buy an extended warranty I get totally burned. STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON "TOTAL" MOBILE PROTECTION!!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Total Mobile Protection - Don't Buy It!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand that the numbers over time have surpassed the current pricing of the phone. The good news is that $499 is not the amount of the purchase you're making to replace her phone. To be sure all of the options are presented, what condition is the phone in? Is it more than a cracked screen?

-David

0 Likes
PeteGeeHomes

Thank you for your response. The screen is severely damaged as well as the glass back. The phone works, but the my daughter cut her finger on glass shards trying to swipe.  The replacement phone arrived in Asurion packaging. Is it a new phone or a pre-owned phone? 

0 Likes
PeteGeeHomes

The total cost of the replacement iPhone XR through the Verizon Total Mobile Protection plan  is equal to the iPhone 13, which is several generations newer. 

0 Likes
PeteGeeHomes

Thank you for your response. The screen is severely damaged as well as the glass back. The phone works, but the my daughter cut her finger on glass shards trying to swipe.  The replacement pre-owned/refurbished phone arrived in Asurion packaging. What would be your assessment, David? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question, you would need to reach out to the insurance company through their contact us on their page. *Gen

0 Likes