Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon support and protection
Crystalclear1

Is the app labeled Verizon support and protection included in my plan or is this extra to protect against maleware and viruses?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon support and protection
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From Verizon's FAQ on the app:

The Verizon Support & Protection app is available for Android smartphones and iPhone. To get the app:

• My Verizon - Download it from the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

• Android - Download it from the Verizon tab of the Google Play™ Store app on your phone.

Note: The Premium version of the Android app is only available with a subscription to Total Mobile Protection. However, anyone with a compatible phone can download the Basic version.

• iPhone - Download it from the Apple® App StoreSM.

Once the app is installed and opened on your phone, you can go to the Verizon Support & Protection page in My Verizon to lock, locate and wipe your phone.*

*Not all features are available with all versions of the app. Data usage may apply for app download and use.

If you are looking for malware and anti-virus protection, I'd go with Avast; it's free.  Mobile Security & Antivirus - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support and protection
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From Verizon's FAQ on the app:

The Verizon Support & Protection app is available for Android smartphones and iPhone. To get the app:

• My Verizon - Download it from the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

• Android - Download it from the Verizon tab of the Google Play™ Store app on your phone.

Note: The Premium version of the Android app is only available with a subscription to Total Mobile Protection. However, anyone with a compatible phone can download the Basic version.

• iPhone - Download it from the Apple® App StoreSM.

Once the app is installed and opened on your phone, you can go to the Verizon Support & Protection page in My Verizon to lock, locate and wipe your phone.*

*Not all features are available with all versions of the app. Data usage may apply for app download and use.

If you are looking for malware and anti-virus protection, I'd go with Avast; it's free.  Mobile Security & Antivirus - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes