Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WHY DOES SPRINT HAVE A 24/7 NUMBER AND VERIZON DOESN'T
rbrooks18wfwf

I have been with verizon for 11 years. My family pays much more for Verizon services compared to Sprint and yet we do not have access to a person after 11pm during the weekdays. I like verizon but am seriously considering leaving because we do not have access to a human after 11pm on the weekdays. Even my TV has a 24/7 number in case something breaks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WHY DOES SPRINT HAVE A 24/7 NUMBER AND VERIZON DOESN'T
sprmankalel
Leader

This is the deal breaker for you?

rbrooks18wfwf

Yeah. Almost every big company has a 24/7 for problems. It's not like they don't make billions a year from their customers. And it's not like I just want to have small talk with them. If it's serious enough I should be able to get ahold of someone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

I am sure that this decision was made from actual data that Verizon had collected by running 24 hour call centers and not having a lot of calls coming in after 11PM to justify the 24 hour service.

0 Likes
rbrooks18wfwf

Possibly but even so they could have decreased the number of reps rather than get rid of it completely after 11pm. So say instead of 50 reps to work 3rd shift they could have decreased to 5-10.

0 Likes
boringusername

Well if Sprint is so awesome then why not switch? Hmmm. We'll see you back in a few months after you realzie it's network is crud. They might spend money on customer service but they sure don't spend it on their network. Maybe that's why they need so many CS reps. Also they have less than half the customer base than Verizon.

0 Likes
rbrooks18wfwf

I had Sprint before I got married and of it wasn't for the fact that my husband preferred them to Sprint I would still have Sprint. My point is to bring awareness to Verizon that their are customers who have had their service for many years and would like to see some sort of 24/7 number. What if your account is hacked at 3am and you are trying to get through to fix it.(and don't say the hacking is not important because most people have everything from bank accounts to every password saved to their devices) Or your phone is completely broken and trying to get a replacement ordered before you have to work at 7am. And more of a customer base should mean they should have 24/7 cs reps. Do you forget people work all different shifts and maybe experiencing a problem with their phones in the middle of work at 3am. They always make commercials about being better than Sprint which is why I worded it that way.

0 Likes
boringusername

rbrooks18wfwf wrote:

I had Sprint before I got married and of it wasn't for the fact that my husband preferred them to Sprint I would still have Sprint. My point is to bring awareness to Verizon that their are customers who have had their service for many years and would like to see some sort of 24/7 number. What if your account is hacked at 3am and you are trying to get through to fix it.(and don't say the hacking is not important because most people have everything from bank accounts to every password saved to their devices) Or your phone is completely broken and trying to get a replacement ordered before you have to work at 7am. And more of a customer base should mean they should have 24/7 cs reps. Do you forget people work all different shifts and maybe experiencing a problem with their phones in the middle of work at 3am. They always make commercials about being better than Sprint which is why I worded it that way.

You're not bringing awareness to Verizon as this is peer to peer board not customer service. Also as far as you 50 reps comment. Verizon has 100 million customers. 50 reps would be nothing. Even if only 1/1000 has an issue on any single day that's 100,000 calls a day or 4200 per hour. Also a CS rep is not likely to be able to help you if your phone somehow got "hacked" they are CS reps not technical assistance. No offense to CS rep but they are not taking these jobs for the money or make a career out of it. It's job you take because it's all you can get. Anyone with technical skills would be getting better paying job that uses those skills.

rbrooks18wfwf

If I could find more people agree with me I could submit it to Verizon but instead people just want to tell me how Sprint sucks and bull. And for the cs rep comment about hacking. No I do not expect them to fix it but I do expect them to have a procedure that they can do to help me if a problem should arise. And the numbers was to say instead of 50 cs rep that they would have normally they could use 5-10 cs reps that didn't actually mean that they only need 5-10 reps on 3rd shift, that would be ridiculous that was more related to a ratio. Plus it would create more jobs. Why would you complain about something like that?

0 Likes
boringusername

They don't have 24/7 CS. That's just the facts. MAYBE one day or one YEAR they will but now they don't. So if that is very important to you then you need to go with a carrier that suits your needs. I'm not complaining, if they want to hire 500 reps for midnight shift I don't care as long as it doesn't cause my bill to go up. If you think coming to a peer to peer messageboard is going to change anything and.or you think Verizon is going to start having 24/7 reps anytime soon then you're setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment. That is all I'm saying. The best way to get your message to Verizon is to leave and mention specifically that lack of CS reps 24/7 is the issue. Speaking with your wallet is the best way to speak out.

0 Likes