Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
We met our "registration limit" on our Total Mobile Protection Multi-Device plan 7 phones
stevenriz1

So my bad for not reading the fine print (or understanding the fine print) when we added Total Mobile Protection Multi-Device plan @ $45/month to our account with 7 devices on it some years ago... 

Moving on, I thought my screen was cracked thankfully it wasn't, it just needed a good cleaning, but I read on Asurion that with the Total Protection, we can get unlimited screen replacements at the cost of $29 per replacement so I called to learn more about it. Well, we were out of "registration slots". What are registration slots you ask? For some reason, we were signed up with a 3 slot limit on our 7 phone plan. Meaning the first 3 phone claims are the phones on the account that become registered and these are the ONLY phones that will have the ability to be repaired more than once. When calling on the 4th device, all bets are off. You need to add additional coverage at $11/month each. So in order to cover all 7 phones it will be a total of $89/month. The scam is when you call to have the 4th phone repaired, now they know it's broken and you cannot add coverage to a broken phone. So you're basically on your own. 

In short, the first 3 phones repaired become registered. Further devices on the account are NOT covered unless you add them when they are NOT broken. 

Just wanted to enlighten the community because the rep I spoke with didn't understand it either (maybe he was new) and said this was the 2nd call today discussing the very same "scam"

Be good everyone, happy new year.

Re: We met our "registration limit" on our Total Mobile Protection Multi-Device plan 7 phones
Tigerstep

Asurion is a scam. A typical screen repair is around 100. For a little over 2 months of the 45 insurance you have enough for a screen repair.

0 Likes
Re: We met our "registration limit" on our Total Mobile Protection Multi-Device plan 7 phones
stevenriz1

I fully agree but I do have to say, the first 3 repairs were full front and back damage. Phones were completely smashed. They were replaced no questions asked. Never knowing the other 4 lines we have aren't covered now. Including my line! Ugh... May compare with ATT and see what they tell me. 

0 Likes
stevenriz1

Called back and got someone very knowledgable and we worked it out. They made it right for us so we will  be sticking around. Hated to leave anyway. Nice day all!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely don't want you to feel this way, stevenriz1. I have multiple lines on my account as well and have the Multi-Device Plan along with one extra feature for the 4th line. We apologize if this information was not provided at the time of enrollment. You do still have the chance to add protection to the other devices. You can protection during our open enrollment period or within 30 days of upgrading or activating a device. Here is a link for more info: http://spr.ly/66021dHRj . Does this information help?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

stevenriz1, we are thrilled to learn that you received the excellent customer service you deserve. We appreciate you staying with us.

To learn about the awesome benefits Total Mobile Protection offers, take a look at the Total Mobile Protection FAQs. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/total-mobile-protection-faqs/

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal member of the Verizon family. Have you heard about our amazing Verizon Up rewards program? When you join Verizon Up and pay your bill, you will earn one credit that you can use to redeem one reward. Rewards vary from bonus data, Device Dollars you can save and apply towards the purchase of a new phone, once-in-a-lifetime experiences like front-row tickets and more. Please use this link to learn about the Verizon Up rewards program and sign up today. m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial

Have a great weekend. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
pbasham0001

I thought I had all of my lines insured.  The multi line protection plan was offered to me because I assumed the agent has my best interest in mind. This was not the case. I was scammed, lied and deceived by Verizon.

Marvin1379

I just added an 11th line and the Multi device Total Mobile protect was taken off automatically since the program only covers 10 lines or less. Extremely odd as i'd gladly pay for an "over 10 device tier" if one was offered, but it seems they just drop coverage for all lines. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is something that is offered by Asurion. They only allow up to 7 lines to be covered. You can check out with them by visiting www.phoneclaim. com.

0 Likes
Doe60

Same here...  Verizon told me (1/28/2021) it was rolling and slot should open after 12 months. It did not. Additionally, I had a software issue in 2018, and Verizon told me it would not use a slot or be considered a claim, it was. Needless to say, I am looking for other alternatives.

0 Likes