Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I paying for services not rendered?
tiredofyouguys1513

I began having problems with my phone last Saturday, so on Sunday morning I called customer service.  After a brief troubleshoot, I was transferred to tech support to troubleshoot further.  I spent over an hour troubleshooting including a factory reset.  I was told that my phone would be a warranty replacement, and my new phone should be there Tuesday. I did not know at the time, but the only reason I was eligible for overnight was because I am paying for total device protection at $45 a month.  I went through the whole warranty replacement process confirming my shipping address and everything.  I was told that it would arrive by Tuesday at 8:00PM.  I had not received it by Tuesday at about 7:30, so I called Verizon to make sure that everything was alright.  They told me that the order was never placed.  Even though there was documentation that I performed EVERY possible troubleshooting step, they still transferred me to tech support (who I was later informed is part of the insurance company, not Verizon).  The technician put in my order, confirmed delivery on Thursday, and I thought the issue was FINALLY going to be resolved.  On Thursday, I got on the Verizon app to ensure that my delivery was set to arrive.  They shipped the phone USPS 3-5 Day.  I called again.  I told them that I needed the replacement phone TODAY but was told that if I want a phone today, I can go to the Verizon store and BUY A NEW ONE!  To Verizon’s credit, they did pay off the last two payments for my phone ($70 roughly), but I pay $45 a month, every month, to guarantee 2-day shipping so it really was the absolute LEAST they could do.  Its also worth noting that every time I called after the first, I would repeat something that a previous representative told me, only to be told something to the effect of, “I don’t know who told you that, but that is incorrect.”  I really believe that customer service representatives will tell you whatever they need to get to just to get you off the line.  I regret adding a new line for my son, as now I am stuck in a contract with this company.  This is not the first time that I have had problems dealing with customer service, and unless something changes, I’ll be switching to a competitor as soon as I’m out of contract.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Why am I paying for services not rendered?
tiredofyouguys1513

Thanks for reaching out Chakia.  I appreaciate your help in resolving this. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why am I paying for services not rendered?
tiredofyouguys1513

Thanks for reaching out Chakia.  I appreaciate your help in resolving this. 

0 Likes