Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asurion/verizon protection plan
Tiatiatia

I pay 50 dollars a month extra for protection on my phone....I have a iPhone 12pro max that is SUPPOSED to be water and dust resistant. My phone just stopped working and turned black (something always go wrong when i am eligible to upgrade ) my phone is in perfect condition you would think its brand new. I have to pay $230 dollars for a replacement that just stopped working because they assume its liquid damage....which makes me wonder exactly what is the $50.00 extra a month for.  paying 50 extra a month is basically paying for a replacement phone multiple times!!!  After being with verizon for years i am sure i have spent well over $1000+ in mobile protection.  I think verizon should have a better system or partner with someone else but i understand both companies are very money hungry. Even after trying to get help via chat and telling "STU" multiple times my screen just went black for no reason he still tried to blame it on me even saying my screen protector is the problem but then said he sent a text to my phone AFTER I ALREADY SAID I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ON MY PHONE MULTIPLE TIME....i have been to loyal to verizon to deal with this and is currently looking to switch because i should not have to pay $230.00 for a phone to just stop working. Asurion customer service BIG TIME an they are extremely rude they must be the only option because i dont understand. they don't even let you use the word "scma" because they know they would have a lot of these looool

0 Likes
Re: asurion/verizon protection plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand the frustration of not being able to use your phone, especially when it suddenly stops working. Thank you for keeping your device protected in the event of these unforeseen circumstances. Our device protection with Asurion covers loss, theft, and physical damage. We apologize for the experience you had with us and with Asurion's customer service. You mentioned your device shows no physical damage and this is important since our extended warranty covers warranty issues as long as there is no physical damage (which includes liquid damage). I will provide the link on how to check for water damage on your iPhone 12 Pro Max:https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-142147/  This should help you determine if the device in fact does have water damage. If you determine after following the steps provided in the link that it does not have water damage then we can look into our extended warranty options for the black screen issue. We will be sending you a private note to gather more information, so we can proceed with the best replacement option. 

~Laura

0 Likes