2nd Parent's phone is not allowing location sharing . . .
craigwe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I recently set up my wife as a 2nd parent so that we can both use the Smart Family app.  I cannot get her phone to share location.  The location option is not present like it is on my phone or for me on when using her phone.  The message says location not being shared and the role says parent.   It goes onto say that parents can choose to share.  We both have Galaxy S20

Re: 2nd Parent's phone is not allowing location sharing . . .
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Craigwe, thanks for those details. We want to make sure that everything is working the way it should. Have you been able to use Smart Family before? 

0 Likes
craigwe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have used Smart Family since we switched back to Verizon in December.  I just tried adding my wife as a 2nd parent.  Smart family has worked for me as I monitor our kids.  My wife's phone is able to monitor our kids but we want the ability to share her location as well as mine so they can know who to contact for rides based on how close we are to them. The option to share location is not visible on my wife's phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how convenient that location sharing is, craigwe. As it is outlined here: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-smart-family/ , location sharing is available for the child's line only. However, some make and models of devices and select services offer location sharing. For example, location sharing is available on iPhones and Google Maps. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
freddykilo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing this same issue. I am the primary parent and I'm able to share my location. I'm confused when you say location sharing is available for the child's line only, because it's available for my line. Is just the secondary parent unable to share location for a reason? This does not seem like a very good design decision. 

0 Likes
Jlefflerster

I have the same issue. We just got this service today. My kids line shares location fine. Myself, primary parent also shares fine. My wife’s phone does not share location. We all have iPhone 12 Pro. The option does not exist for her to share. I even tried making her the primary parent and it did not make a difference. My daughter should be able to see where both her parents are, not just me.

0 Likes
Jlefflerster

Verizon, this is simply untrue. All phones can share their location in the app, not just children. It is also not a phone limitation as my family all have iPhone 12 Pro. The option does not exist for the second parent.

0 Likes
agornewicz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get a fix for this problem? we have the exact same problem

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We don't want you to have any trouble at all. Please send us a Private Message for account-specific help. 

-Carter

0 Likes