Added usage controls, now I have to enter a phone number twice to make a call
marshman

I recently added usage controls to my daughters phone to block unwanted numbers.

Now when whe attempts to make a call from her contact list ( my number for example ), a verizon recording comes on and informs her that she cannot block caller ID and also MAKES her enter the 10-digit number to proceed with the call.

What is this about and how do I prevent it?

thx

marshall

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Added usage controls, now I have to enter a phone number twice to make a call
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for posting marshman!

I understand you and your daughters frustrations with making calls.  I am happy to assist!

It appears due to the restrictions on the line, the network is requiring your daughter to enter the full 10 digit telephone number when placing calls.  She can remedy this by editing her contacts to include the area code in front of the 7 digit number, so now when she makes calls from her contact list the call will be successful.

I trust I have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes
Re: Added usage controls, now I have to enter a phone number twice to make a call
toeless001

That doesn't work.....it still makes you enter the ten digit number.....even when dialing a 1-800 number!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi toeless001:

The problems you are experiencing are not normal at all.  When you are dialing an 800 number (no 1 in front), not from the contact list, but manually keying in the number, do you still get the same prompts? If so, I recommend a call to tech support at 866-892-7957 or PM me with your number, and I'll call you as soon as I can. 

Some general things you can try:

1) Delete the restrictions you placed on the line, and set them up again.

2) Pull the battery on the phone experiencing the issue.

3) Reprogram the phone by dialing *228 Send. Choose option 1 when the voice comes on. 

Please let us know your results.

0 Likes
Okbluefish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I and my family's other 3 phones have this issue. I left the state and i have to re enter number. We went on road trip 1hour from home and does same thing. Very frustrating.  Nearly ran of road while having to enter the 10 digit number manually.  Please help.

0 Likes