Re: Alert that says "updating smart family companion data"
JOZEFOW

I'm having a similar issue as RBSHOP, although I don't feel like it has affected my battery. We've been using Smart Family for a couple of months. All of a sudden about a week ago, I started getting the notification "updating verizon smart family data" on my LG G7. It seems to arise both on wifi and cell data. I believe Smart Family is current (8.5.4). As far as we can tell, it affects no apps on the parent or child phones. It goes away when I open the Smart Family app on my phone, but it comes back within a few hours. I have no idea what it does, and I'm concerned it may indicate something is not working properly with the app. I hope we get an answer about the notification and why it appears, in this thread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICMIN34, we don't want you to have issues with this Smart Family Companion notification. Please let us know if this comes back. Is there anything else that we can help with? 

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same notification. I have the smart family app on my phone as the parent. It has been appearing for about a week or so. As above, it only goes away if I open the app on my phone. Then it goes away usually until the next day.

I have the latest version of the app. It doesn't appear to be affecting my battery usage, but it does show that the app was actively running for hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOZEFOW, I can certainly understand your concern in regard to the pop-up notification that you are receiving on your Verizon Smart Family application, and I am here to help! You mentioned that when you open the application from your device, the notification comes up. Can you tell me where on in the application are you showing this notification? What type of content restrictions do you currently have set up at this time on your child devices?

KevinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes