Are you ever going to update the FamilyBase companion app to work with android marshmallow?
atimothy

We signed up for FamilyBase with the understanding that we would be able to restrict the apps our kids used. To do this requires the companion app which is not compatible with android marshmallow and above. It has been almost 2 years since Marshmallow was released, and just as long since verizon has updated the companion app. Do you have any intention of updating the app so that it will work with the current versions of the operating systems on the largest percentage of phones? If not then I will cancel my subscription to the service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you ever going to update the FamilyBase companion app to work with android marshmallow?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atimothy, help is here as I definitely want you to have the ability to use this application. I'd like to be very direct with my customer as marshmallow will never be compatible with Family Base companion application. You still have the ability to use most of the features with the application. I do hope this helps.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Are you ever going to update the FamilyBase companion app to work with android marshmallow?
mhaa70

Why? Do you even sell a single phone that actually supports the app?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, the family base companion app isn't offered on current devices since it's not needed as the app management functionality is now offered by Google for their devices, similar to how Apple never allowed the companion app on their devices as they also have control over their store &  remote app management offerrings.

0 Likes
atimothy

NatashaA,

Thank you for being direct and up front. I have canceled my subscription to FamilyBase due to the fact that it is not capable of doing what was advertised. Verizon needs to offer what it does do as a free service as there is very little benefit to the subscription without the ability to have the companion app. After setting up FamilyBase it prompts to download the companion app on all phones in order to have full features. If Verizon has no intention of providing an update the the app that will work with current operating systems then why does it prompt like this? It makes it feel as though this is just a way for Verizon to increase their profit without providing any benefit. What does the $4.99 per month pay for if you aren't doing any programming to keep an app up to date?

0 Likes