Block an entire exchange
BOBGRUSZCZ

It appears that the latest "fad" is to continuously call from spoofed numbers in an entire exchange trying to get a voice response.  I have individually blocked these numbers using the feature on my Motorola Z, but would just like to block the entire exchange.  In the last two months I have blocked over 125 separate numbers from a total of six exchanges.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Block an entire exchange
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOBGRUSZCZ, I totally understand your concern regarding the spoofed calls. I have been getting them myself. We are doing everything we can to stop these calls however it is very difficult tracking down where these calls are originating from. Take a look here at what we are doing to try to combat these calls as well as ways you can try to prevent them http://vz.to/2xW8PmM

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOBGRUSZCZ, I totally understand your concern regarding the spoofed calls. I have been getting them myself. We are doing everything we can to stop these calls however it is very difficult tracking down where these calls are originating from. Take a look here at what we are doing to try to combat these calls as well as ways you can try to prevent them http://vz.to/2xW8PmM

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VERYDissatisfied
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bob, "V" wants you to pay them (buy their Filter) to fix something they should be doing already for their paying customers. Perhaps soon they will "have to"?  

https://www.consumerreports.org/robocalls/robocall-bill-wins-approval/

jerro
Enthusiast - Level 3

seems very clear that VZW Management does not want to fix the SPAM issue until a Federal Judge &  or The Justice Department makes them.

Verizon is even making money on it by selling Call Filter which only works with newer phones, so most need to buy a new phone for it to work at all.

Proof is that Verizon  owned FiOS VOIP landline service allows excellent & free NOMOROBO (their mobile app is terrible) & it reduces SPAM by maybe 90%.

NOMOROBO works using SIMILTANIOUS RING with FiOS but VZ Wireless does not allow SIMILTANIOUS RING so NOMOROBO ( as used on VERIZON FIOS ) won't work on Verizon Wireless. 

The management of Verizon wireless could fix this in 1 day by reconfiguring the calling features to emulate FiOS features and most SPAM would be gone. Got to believe VZW is not going to help us.

Been a Customer since 1989 (BAMS/VZW), it was a great company, the newer managemnt is degrading it fast.

0 Likes