Block calls to Int'l and Caribbean numbers?
pjlindsey

Is there a way to block ALL incoming & outgoing calls/texts from/to international numbers and to North American area codes that are really in the Caribbean? One of my daughters called an 876 number & I was charged $60.Block. How about being able to block calls that will result in additional charges?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Block calls to Int'l and Caribbean numbers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have a great option for you, pjlindsey. Our Family Base feature allows you to block unwanted calls and messages along with allowing you to monitor usage on the device and set up other restrictions. Here is a link to with further information to set this up if you choose, http://vz.to/1MQt2LB

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pjlindsey

We already have Family Base. Yes, it can block INDIVIDUAL numbers, but cannot block calls in general to international, fake North American area codes that are charged as international calls, and calls that have toll fees. IT can block calls from anonymous or restricted numbers. Since Family Base is supposed to help a family control costs, adding this feature (a few extra check boxes) would be great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pjlindsey

I understand your concerns with preventing these international charges.  However, There are several countries that may be dialed direct without adding International Calling.  Currently, other than the Verizon FamilyBase feature, there is no way to block "all" international calling.  See more information here: http://vz.to/1KuDTFU.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes