Blocking all WIFI access
rzprs0

Hello,

If I get  the Family Base plan can it block WIFI access on an Iphone? Basically I want to cut off all internet access to my sons phone.  I know I can shut off data.  I can shut down our home WIFI but he is able to access an unsecured WIFI somewhere near the house.

What would I need to do to stop internet access altogether if I wanted?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blocking all WIFI access
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rzprs0

Thank you for reaching out to us, as we want you to be able to best control the activities on that phone. There isn't an option we offer to stop that phone from accessing WiFi entirely. The best option if you want your son not to have any access to the internet on his phone would be to replace that iPhone with a basic phone. Here is a link to the basic phone that we have available for sale http://vz.to/2v3LdJm.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Take the phone away?  I don't think there is a way to prevent wifi access other than turning it off on the phone (and then he can easily turn it back on).

How old is your son?  Is taking the phone away a viable option?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rzprs0

Thank you for reaching out to us, as we want you to be able to best control the activities on that phone. There isn't an option we offer to stop that phone from accessing WiFi entirely. The best option if you want your son not to have any access to the internet on his phone would be to replace that iPhone with a basic phone. Here is a link to the basic phone that we have available for sale http://vz.to/2v3LdJm.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes