Can I block kids' wifi usage with time restrictions or just data usage?
weety

I subscribed to the Family Base as a way to keep my kids from using their phones after bedtime hours. I set up time restrictions, but It seems that they are still able to use the phones during these restricted hours because they are using them at home over our wifi.  Does the time restrictions only restrict them from using their phones when data is accessed (vs. using wifi) and if so, is there a way to block this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I block kids' wifi usage with time restrictions or just data usage?
Tidbits
Legend

Depending on your router you can set restrictions from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I believe it's just for data...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Depending on your router you can set restrictions from there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
weety as a father myself I know how important this is to you! I also use Familybase on my kids lines. Familybase will block data sent over the cellular network for the time restrictions you have set up. This will not block wifi. What you could do, at least in your own home, is change the wifi password through your home internet provider. Then you can give it to your kids when you want them to have access to it and change it again when you don't want them to have access. So when its time for bed, time to change the password. Hope this helps!
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes