Can I create a list of acceptable contacts and still allow data usage?
SEATACSAB

I have been using Family Base for a while for my kids' phones, and in general it works okay. I recently decided I wanted to create a control to limited who my son can call & text. To do this, I blocked access for the entire day, except for the approved list of safe contacts. This works fine, except I realize it also blocks data access. I still want him to have data on his phone, so that he can use certain features when no connected to wifi. I don't want to have to block number. I basically just wanted to create an approved list of contacts, and still allow data usage. Anyone been able to do this? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: White List of Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEATACSAB,

Being able to fully manage your son's line is important. FamilyBase has a limitation in which it will not allow a time restriction with conditions. What this means is that there is no option to set the time restriction but still have certain network related functions on the phone work. It is essentially all or none. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question about FamilyBase, SEATACSAB. I want to be sure to get this just right for you, so I’d like to clarify. Is it only on the one day that your want the call and texting restriction in place? If this is not the case, then I trust you set up the Trusted Contacts list in the following way. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80780/ Correct?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SEATACSAB

I have the Trusted Contacts setup properly and it works fine. The only issue is that data is also blocked when the time restriction is on, when what I really want is to block only texts and phone calls. What I really need is the ability to place time restrictions separately on texts and phone calls vs data usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SEATACSAB,

Being able to fully manage your son's line is important. FamilyBase has a limitation in which it will not allow a time restriction with conditions. What this means is that there is no option to set the time restriction but still have certain network related functions on the phone work. It is essentially all or none. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes