Can I set data limits on my kids' Iphone 6's?
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I subscribe to family safe guard, can I set data limits on my kids' Iphone 6's?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I set data limits on my kids' Iphone 6's?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a parent of 3 I certainly understand your concern with keeping the data managed. Family Base on an iPhone 6 will allow alerts to be sent when approaching or exceeding limit however due to the design of the iOS operating system we do not have the ability to hard stop the usage.
YaleKK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get alerts now, so there would be no reason to pay the extra $5 a month to get more alerts. I would of rather set up the family base for $5 and stop usage after limits than to pay the extra $15 or $30 a month I've been getting hit with. Is there any future plan on having this available for iPhone's?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the right products for your needs. The ability to put a hard stop on the usage is based on the design of the software that Apple creates. I apologize as we do not have an estimated time that this will be available in the future.
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cfmcookie

According to a YouTube video I just watched this is not true.  You can manage your children's devices from your computer or phone by logging in to myVerizon.

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

, do your have any links, usernames, or keywords to search?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies furert. FamilyBase is feature I personally use on my device and have had great successes with it. Although the companion application is not compatible with this device, you can still manage the data. Do you use the mobile application or web browser to manage your usage? Check out this link for help http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/ .
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
furert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I set data limits, that is the original question.  If not I am not paying the extra 5 a month, to get what I already have, which is alerts. I use my Verizon mobile and can monitor usage. I need to be able to hard stop usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

furert, managing your child’s data is extremely important as going over on the monthly data plan is never fun. Family Base would be the best option to monitor/ stop the usage to ensure no overages and it would be the most cost effective option as one GB of data over the limit cost $15.00 per overage GB. If getting this feature is not an option, you can simply put the data notifications on your My Verizon account via online so that you know where you stand with the usage each month. http://vz.to/1E5id6l

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
Mkirk64
Enthusiast - Level 1

furert,

I'm in the same boat as you.  Android for both parents, but all our kids have iphones.  We are on the 15GB plan and STILL go.  We get the Data Alerts, but I'm looking (like your) to just block the data usage after the limit has been reached to eliminate the overage charges. Since almost ALL kids have iphones you would think that Verizon would make this a priority.....although since they are making $$ off the overages there is no incentive to do this.  Truthfully, I've been with Verizon forever but my cell bills are now getting so out of hand that it's probably just time to start shopping the other carriers to see what savings can be had.