Can I set time restrictions on trusted contacts?
KEVHIR6973

We have my daughter's phone set up with my wife and I as trusted contacts that she can call whenever.

She has a small group of friends that we would allow her to text with time restrictions in place.

I can not find a way to have it set so she can only text that small group of friends without adding them to trusted contacts, and then they can be texted at any time.  Or, I can set the time restrictions and it seems she can text anyone during those hours if they haven't been blocked.

Is there a way to do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you set time restrictions on trusted contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base is a great feature to manage your child’s phone usage, KEVHIR6973. I definitely understand your concern and I can help clarify this for you today. We do have a lot of features that come with Family Base. Sadly there is not a way to add groups of contacts with time restrictions. One option is to add them to trusted contacts, but that means she can text them whenever she wants with out restrictions. The other option is to setup time restrictions, but that means she can text anyone during the allowed times. I hope this helps clarify everything. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Click here: http://vz.to/1KOxcVZ .

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can you set time restrictions on trusted contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base is a great feature to manage your child’s phone usage, KEVHIR6973. I definitely understand your concern and I can help clarify this for you today. We do have a lot of features that come with Family Base. Sadly there is not a way to add groups of contacts with time restrictions. One option is to add them to trusted contacts, but that means she can text them whenever she wants with out restrictions. The other option is to setup time restrictions, but that means she can text anyone during the allowed times. I hope this helps clarify everything. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Click here: http://vz.to/1KOxcVZ .

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes