Can’t get daughters phone to pair when installing familybase.
LSJH47201

I installed FamilyBase but when trying to pair to my daughters iPhone 5c the text message to her phone has me install the parent app. How can I pair her phone to complete the setup? I’ve checked the forum and the instructions say that for an iPhone, the text message would direct me to a website. the text message link, though, just sends me to the App Store to download the familybase parent app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t get daughters phone to pair when installing familybase.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is somehow her phone listed as on the line associated with the account owner?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LSJH47201

She is on the same plan but named as a child in familybase setup.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's not what I meant. In your account itself is the child's line somehow designated as the account owner or account manager? It has nothing to do the Family Base feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LSJH47201

Sorry. No. My wife is setup as acct manager.  Daughter is neither acct owner nor manager.

0 Likes
LSJH47201

For some reason, I tried it again this morning and it worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LSJH47201

FamilyBase allows the account owner to manage data usage by the devices on your account by setting limites for calls, text messages, and accessing data. You also have the ability to block unwanted contacts, applications, and inappropriate web content. We're pleased to hear that the feature is working for you at this time. In the future, you may access Family Base support online by clicking the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes