Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,244 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Can’t pair with child’s iPhone SE
TERMUI62

I downloaded the family child companion app on my child’s phone per pairing text instructions. On my child’s Phone the link says “show me how” and when clicked, the page is absolutely blank. On the app it says “this phone needs to be paired to activate content filters, Wifi time limits and pause internet”.  There no nothing else to press or do.

I cannot pair the phones!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can’t pair with child’s iPhone SE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TERMUI62, we want to make sure you are able to pair the device to the Smart Family application. We are here to assist you look into this issue further. For clarification, is the iPhone SE updated on the latest iOS version? You can check by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the application?

0 Likes
Re: Can’t pair with child’s iPhone SE
MAR01

I have also been unable to pair my son's iPhone X using the companion app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the parent and companion app multiple times. I have removed the service completely. I have "unassigned" my son's number as a child and reassigned it. Multiple chat conversations with Verizon support has not been able to solve the problem.

His phone does not receive the first text message. I have to send a second message and then I click on the link to download the companion app. Once it is installed, it shows the "show me how" button as stated above and when I click it, it disappears and nothing else happens. There is no other option to pair the phone after that.

Right now, I have not re-enrolled in the service until I can figure out how this can be fixed. There is no reason to pay for a service I cannot use properly.

0 Likes