Cannot change FamilyBase notification email address
ARTHAY41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well the title says it all.  After trying to change the email address that my familybase notifications are sent to by looking *everywhere* in my profile I opened a chat with a support agent.  After an hour and assurances that it was now changed I found out later in the day it was not when I got my daily notification report at the old email address.

So I called in to a support agent.  That agent also tried for an hour doing probably everything I did myself and finally gave up.

So to recap I have searched everything I can online about my profile, settings, familybase management, etc. and every email address I can find is correct (my new one).  I cannot find the old email address that the notifications are being sent to anywhere.  Two Verizon agents couldn't either.

The emails have a promising sentence at the bottom "If you no longer want to receive these emails, adjust your notifications".  So it's clear you can turn them off.  BUT YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE ADDRESS THEY ARE BEING SENT TO.

After devoting a few hours to this I would love any assistance.  The only thing I can think of now is to cancel FamilyBase and then set it up again.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot change FamilyBase notification email address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arthay41,

I appreciate all the steps that you've taken to try to get your email updated. I searched high and low for this answer. Turns out, you will have to delete the feature from the account and then set it up again. Once that email is on there, it can not be changed. I apologize as I know this is an inconvenience. If you need support removing this, please let us know.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARTHAY41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do I have to delete the entire family base?  When you said 'that feature' what would that be?

Thanks for looking into this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm definitely with you on this, ARTHAY41. To this day, I get daily reports and alerts from Family Base on what has become my "junk" email address. You're absolutely right, though. The only way to change the Family Base notification email address is to unsubscribe from the Family Base service (refer to #4 under "Signing Up and Using Family Base" at: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/?cmp=COMM_RELCON). Be sure to jot down the restrictions and controls you have in place, since (sadly) they will need to be set up again under the new Family Base subscription. 

Once that's done, log out of your My Verizon and power off all your devices for a minute, and power back on (to reset any controls that were on them under the old subscription). Log back into My Verizon, ensure one more time that the email address on your profile is the one you want alerts sent to, and sign up once again for Family Base. I know that's a ton of work, depending on the controls you have set up. Please let us know how things turn out, and of course reach out to us if you run into any issues. Thank you for being a Verizon Wireless customer.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes