Change Time Restrictions on Family Base
shif2121

Having a good experience with Family Base. We turn off texting on our son's (15 years old) S4 from 10am to 6am - 7 days a week.  He's doing well in school and rarely a problem and asked if he could text friends on Friday and Saturday nights.

I went to my S5 and and changed settings, so he could text until mid-night, saved, refreshed and sent him a text. I got a message from Verizon saying he needed to update his Family Base app. Really, we just downloaded the app a month ago. So we updated and tried again.The message got stuck in my outbox as sending.  He tried to send me a text but was blocked even though there was no restriction. 

Then I removed all restrictions, saved and refreshed.  Still no resolution.  The next morning I checked his phone and at 6am, the time the restrictions are to normally come off, came off. Even though I removed them last month.

Is there a time lag to implement Family Base restrictions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change Time Restrictions on Family Base
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Shif2121,

You came to the right source for help.  I have Family base for my kids as well and it gives me peace of mind.  Let's make sure the service is working well for you.  Did you power off his phone after you made the changes?  The phone does need to be powered off and then on to recognize the changes made.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
shif2121

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

0 Likes
JOSDOV84

I have a ? If I set up time restrictions on my daughters phone can you make a call to a trusted number during restricted hours?

0 Likes