Child able to go online during Night Hours
Jcanuck66

I have Night Hours set on my child’s phone. I keep getting Smart Family notifications that my child is online during Night Hours. How is her phone able to connect when Night Hours is supposed to restrict access during that time?

0 Likes
Re: Child able to go online during Night Hours
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

How about you take the phone away from them at night. You're the parent, aren't you?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jcanuck66, we always want to ensure your Smart Family is working as it should be. Just to clarify, do you have the time of the day restrictions set up? Is it set for calls, texts, and data? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Jcanuck66

Yes

0 Likes
Jcanuck66

Wow. Thank you! Helpful! You’re amazing!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jcanuck66 wrote:

Wow. Thank you! Helpful! You’re amazing!

Was your issue resolved by @vzw_customer_support  ChristineK_VZW or was your response tongue-in-cheek to @Doggo ?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe the Smart Family feature can prevent someone from using your home's Wi-Fi network to access the internet. If that is the case, then you should change your Wi-Fi router settings to limit when certain devices can access your home network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
estephan03

I'm having the same issue. I can't tell from this thread if anyone gave you a solution to the issue. Can you share with me anything you've been able to find out? Thank you! 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

estephan03, that is a concern that you are having this same experience. Please send us a Private Note, so we can delve into this issue. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Badrabbit406

Our boys setup gives us the same notification every day that he's online during night hours. Makes me wonder if it's working at all. Would love to see a resolution to this.

0 Likes