0 Likes
Re: Controlling data
Weth
Legend
0 Likes
Cortese72
Enthusiast - Level 1

you need to find out if they are really using it. Because Verizon has been [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  with peoples data. You will get 10 different answers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Royce98, finding the source of the usage is another great tactic to helping control data. On Apple devices, you are able to find what’s using mobile data by going to Settings > Cellular and scrolling down the list of apps. In the app list, there’s a switch that controls whether or not that particular app can use cellular data.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
drumforu
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife has been using data on hers and she is not even on it or using it at that time of day. Every morning on her way to work she is using around 100 mb`s and the funny thing is, it is in her pocketbook. No one can seem to answer why it is doing that !! All of the background apps are off and just short of turning the data off ( which is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] in my book) no one can answer why it is using any data. 100 mb a day adds up to a gig in no time and not even using it just blows me away. Mine was using like that until I brought it to Verizon`s attention and it was funny how it just stopped using it while I was driving to work. We had to go to the 6 gig plan mainly because of that. Guess that is what they were wanting to begin with.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drumforu, data overages are no fun, and I know that you don't want to keep raising the data plan. Lets figure out why this is happening to her. In her phone if you go into the settings, then the mobile data switch and scroll does it should show you which apps are using the most data?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
drumforu
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have IPhones and was wondering about the location services switch. Could it be a culprit for data usage?

We have been turning data off on our way to work, but after arriving at work and turning it back on, both phones are still using data as soon as the switch is back on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information drumforu, it is very helpful. The location services switch is intended to maintain the location of your device, but should not be using data when data is off. Let’s run a different test. Enable Airplane mode on her phone on your way to work, as this will completely disable cellular data connectivity on your device. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
drumforu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok we will try that ... Of course very little data has been used this weekend.. But, we will try that on the way to work Tuesday ...

0 Likes
drumforu
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, we turned on airplane mode this morning for her trip to work... Once turned back off, she used another 53 mb as soon as it was turned on!!! All she did was turn it on and 5 minutes later I called her. The timeframe of the usage

was the time airplane mode was turned back off. I was at a Verizon store Saturday and they had looked at it and said everything looked good as far as any apps running or anything out of the ordinary. I had everything off that should be off !! Now what ??? The employee there said it was definitely something on Verizon`s end and not the phone !!! Any ideas what that may be ? I am still wondering if there is a problem once it jumps to another tower in that area...I am about at the end now and wondering who I could turn to or do I try another carrier ?.

0 Likes