Does Family Base show if a text message has been read?
TorressFamily1

Can Family Base tell me if a text message has been opened on my sons phone?  The text shows up on the activity list, but does that necessarily mean that he has opened it?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base - Does it show that a text message has been read
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The family base feature is an awesome tool for monitoring and restricting usage on your phone lines TorressFamily1. This tool can not tell you if the actual message has been opened, only if it was sent or received. If they still have it on their phone, you can see if its been opened if you look at their device.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The family base feature is an awesome tool for monitoring and restricting usage on your phone lines TorressFamily1. This tool can not tell you if the actual message has been opened, only if it was sent or received. If they still have it on their phone, you can see if its been opened if you look at their device.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LynneMHopkins_

How long does the activity remain on the Family Base App? I witnessed a call back in October that my son made and I can not view it on my phone bill. I know I seen the number and when I was viewing my phone log through my bill at the time it wasn't there but it was on my app. I'm trying to locate this on the family app but it's only giving me current usage. There isn't a way to locate old stuff?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a parent of 2 children, I totally understand your concerns regarding activity on your son’s phone Lynne. You can only check activity on FamilyBase app for the current cycle. You can check any calls made/received on your bills if you login to your My Verizon account and click on the view bill to see a PDF file of your bill.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes