Family Base Companion issue with Android seems to be fixed
elizabeth10
Enthusiast - Level 1

All - I noticed tonight on a chat w/ Verizon that it appears that the issue with Family Base Companion app NOT being compatible with Android Marshmallow and above may be fixed.  The FAQ used to say (as recently as Aug/Sept 2017): 

Which devices are compatible with the FamilyBase service?

FamilyBase works with most Verizon Wireless 4G LTE and 3G mobile devices. However, it's not compatible with:

• Android™ devices that use OS Marshmallow

Note: Devices that update to Marshmallow will lose the FamilyBase Companion app.

But now when I look up "Download and Install the Companion App - FamilyBase™ - Android®", I see:

• The Companion app requires Android OS 6.x (and higher).

So it appears (???) that Verizon has now fixed the issue...has anyone tried this out?  I just cancelled Family Base a week or two ago because of this issue, but may now try it again...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base Companion issue with Android seems to be fixed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to know what to expect from the FamilyBase Companion Application. I am showing that the New FamilyBase Companion Application is supported by Android 6.0 or later only.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Family Base Companion issue with Android seems to be fixed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to know what to expect from the FamilyBase Companion Application. I am showing that the New FamilyBase Companion Application is supported by Android 6.0 or later only.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes