Family Base Companion problems
Rachel2014

My stepson has the family base companion installed on his phone so we're able to lock the phone if need be. The problem is that I have to un- and re-install the app daily. It frequently stops showing the usage in the Family Base Dashboard. Verizon customer service tells me that there is always a delay and it will eventually catch up. That's simply not true. My Verizon - View Usage shows usage on the line that does not show up in the family base app. It does not catch up. When working properly there isn't much of a delay at all.

Customer service could not tell me if the locking feature would work while the usage wasn't being reported. I had to explain to Verizon "Tech Support" what the family base companion was. They had no idea what I was talking about. I also had to walk the customer service rep through exactly what the problem was (more than once)...look at the usage in my verizon, compare that to the usage in family base. They don't match!

I have been daily uninstalling the companion app on my son's phone and reinstalling it. He hasn't messed with or disabled the app. Before uninstalling the app I click it to open and which time it says it's installed successfully. Also, I don't get any notifications that it's been tampered with or uninstalled. I reinstall it and it works fine for a while and less than 24 hours later it doesn't show the usage again!

I am beyond frustrated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base Companion problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with this information, Rachel2014. Sorry to hear that there appears to be an issue with the way data is being tracked when viewing your step son's usage. What is the make and model of the device your stepson uses? Is the usage total different from both online and from the parent app that is installed on your phone?

We look forward to assisting, Rachel2014. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rachel2014

His phone is the Kyocera Hydro Elite. 

The usage in My Verizon is often different from the FamilyBase Dashboard AND the FamilyBase app on my phone. The Family Base app and the Dashboard show the same usage, but both are often lacking.

I have been un and reinstalling the FamilyBase Companion app on his phone daily.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details Rachel2014!

Does the data usage report correctly for an hour or two after re-installing or never? Can you try a master reset on your step son's device and then just install the FamilyBase app and test?

Let us know if this makes a difference for you.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rachel2014

It does not show the usage with a delay. When it isn't working correctly it never catches up.

How do I do a master reset? Will that cause him to lose the info he had saved (pictures, contacts, apps, etc.)? I won't really be able to tell if that fixes the problem until it stops working. It always works when I reinstall it until it doesn't work anymore!

0 Likes
Rachel2014

I just noticed that you referenced the DATA usage. Please note that I noticed the problem of the usage not being reported with texting and calling; although I'm sure the problem also exists for data usage, that certainly isn't the only usage that is not being reported.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rachel2014,

I appreciate you working with us to reset the phone. He will lose all the information stored, but no need to worry. He can back up to a PC or Verizon Cloud. Please follow these steps to complete a master reset http://vz.to/1lSLMKW ; it's important to Disable:Automatic Restore in "Factory Data Reset".

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes