Family Base Not Restricting After Hours
KN16

We have Family Base installed on our phone and on our son's phone. We have night time hours set up - but Family Base is not restricting his text messages or anything. Could this be because he has Wi-fi and mobile data turned off? How is he getting around it? Any ideas? I have had to physically take his phone away at night to stop the texting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base Not Restricting After Hours
becuzisaidso
Enthusiast - Level 2

we're having the same problem.

0 Likes
korib
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am as well - have either of you found a solution?

0 Likes
becuzisaidso
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was talking to support on twitter, but she couldn't figure out why it wasn't working so she called me & we tried a couple different things. she had me put a restriction on my daughters phone then she sent a text that went through, so they know there's a problem & she started a support ticket. hopefully they'll figure it out. don't like paying for something that doesn't work. i may uninstall the companion on my kids' phones, restart then reinstall the app & see if that works. this whole thing is very frustrating.

0 Likes
KN16

I also called Verizon and had a support ticket put in. They have informed me that the issue has been fixed. One thing they told me though was that family base will not honor restrictions if the phone has wireless enabled. So you have to turn off the wireless at night in order for it to restrict.

Another issue I have just discovered is the use of 3rd party texting applications - such as GO SMS Pro. Family base can not detect received messages - it can only log sent messages. This is also very frustrating.

I am considering getting rid of Family Base all together.

0 Likes
becuzisaidso
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was told the same thing about wi-fi. not sure i believe it though because my kids have had their phones at night (before this problem started) & i didn't receive any text alerts that were texting. i'm almost to the point of getting rid of it too. not much sense paying for it if it isn't going to work. besides that, it should be all inclusive. we shouldn't have to pay for any of the add-ons.

0 Likes