Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,459 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Family Base and camera issue
cydygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I turned on the new content filters on my son's phone. For some reason it turned his camera off. When I go into Settings and Restrictions I can see that the camera is turned off but it won't let me change it. Anyone else have this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base and camera issue
BROJO17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I cannot see the camera is turned off, or blocked content, but my daughter does not have access to her camera on her iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cydgirl, we want you to have full use of the FamilyBase feature. That’s very odd that it’s showing up that way. Let’s work together to see what’s going on. What is the make/model of your son’s phone? Does this still happen when you are on and off Wi-Fi?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work to ensure your daughter can enjoy her camera once again, BROJO17. What model her iPhone and which iOS version is she running via Settings>General>About? What are the specific filters you have set in FamilyBase at this time?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TECHGUY419
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue on my son's iPhone 6.  What is the solution to this?  I have verified the FaceTime is not disabled in the content filtering on his device.  Even if I was to disable FaceTime, why would this also disable the use of the Camera app?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TECHGUY419, I want to ensure that your son's phone is working properly. Did you also check if the Camera restrictions are not turned on in the FamilyBase App? Have you also checked the phone settings? Des your son's phone have the FamilyBase Companion App installed?

MahrizaM_VZW

0 Likes
pkstew88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue also.
My daughter's phone is an iphone 5s and it has the latest i.os update on it.

0 Likes
BROJO17
Enthusiast - Level 1

She has an iPhone 6S. I have figured out it's directly related to face time. If I allow face time, the camera works. If I block face time, the camera is also blocked.

I want my daughter to be able to use her camera, but not any social apps such as face time. I don't feel this should be an either/or decision. Smiley Sad

pkstew88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, Verizon please change this!!!

0 Likes
KF4CHRIST
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, My daughter has an iPhone 7, not sure of the of the software version. But I also do not want her using facetime. How can the camera be re-enabled?

I agree BROJO17 this restricting Facetime should not restrict the camera, they should be independent from one another.

0 Likes