Family Base in Alaska
islandgirlinAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 3 lines that I use Verizon Family Base for.  2 lines are here in Alaska. I've only added data restriction. The 2 lines here in Alaska are able to recieve/send text and recieve calls except make outgoing calls which they get an error message that says "Please re enter the 10 digit number you are dialing, do not press send"  Once I take off the data restriction, the lines work. So I need to know what is going on. I need the data restriction turned on or my data overages will be out of control. Please help! Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base in Alaska
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello islandgirlinAK
I'm sorry your having difficulties. What devices do you have? What zip code are they in? Were they programmed for our network?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
islandgirlinAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi JoeL_VZ2. They are  iPhone 5cs. The zip code is 99504. They are verizon phones but here in Alaska we are under an extended network with vzw 4g LTE coverage. When I remove Family Base data restriction from the lines then they work fine. But I really need those lines to have data restriction.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

islandgirlinAK,

Thanks for the info! While the users are located in an extended coverage area, the functionality of Family Base will vary. If removing the data restrictions helps with the outbound calls, I would recommend removing the feature. Do you run into this same issue with the device not located in Alaska?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
islandgirlinAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 3rd iPhone that I have under Family Base is currently in Utah so he doesn't have problems at all. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
islandgirlinAK
Enthusiast - Level 1

WWhy am I not getting any help here?? Hello!?

0 Likes