Family Base issues on Galaxy S5
KDones
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 5 phones on my plan 3 of which are my children's they are all Galaxy S5's. I also have the Family Base App and here in the last few weeks the app is completely jacked up. It started with my sons phone then my daughter then my step-daughter. It will no longer allow me to lock their phones (says its locked on mine app but they have full access), doesnt show any activity at all (no text, calls, or data usage) and when you try to view their apps shows they are never on Anything..... This I know is incorrect due my daughter who does a min 600 text per day does none???  I dont think so.

I would like to know if this is a problem with the phones, update, verizon, app, or whatever it may be. And also how I can fix or resolve this issue. School has started back and well I have kids not miniature gods and they are going to push whatever limits they can. And I got the phones and the app over a year ago and it worked great for me to set their limits and hours due to school and other issues. But now I can not do any of that. On the computer or parent app it shows that the restrictions, lock , limits etc. are set but on the childs phone. It is a free for all no restrictions, limits,etc. Can someone please instruct me on how to fix the app or whatever problem it is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base issues on Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here, front & center KDones. Let's work together to get your limits working again on your kids' Galaxy S5. What changes were made to the device(s) recently that may have contrubuted to this issue? For example, was there a software update recently done on the lines in question?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KDones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes apparently all the phones received a software update and now the Family Base is not working.

0 Likes
KDones
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the phones received a software update and now they are not compatible. How can I take the update off?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to be able to control the devices on your account with the Family Base application, KDones. Once the software update has been installed there is no way to rollback to an earlier software version. I did check on the Family Base application itself and I do see that the Family Base companion application is currently not compatible with the latest software update.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes