Re: Family Base
2menandalillady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add a usage limit on his data. Once that limit has been reached he can't do anything unless it's on Wifi. My son goes thru his data limit after 3 days of the new billing cycle. Once he hits his limit he HAS to use Wifi.

0 Likes
2menandalillady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh by the way you can also change that limit daily. If it says he's used 2.75GB set his limit to 2.76GB. That'll stop the data until you want him to use it again. I know it may be a pain in the butt to do right now but it's a solution that should work. I've done it with my kids on numerous occasions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's not our intention stoney3789, we'll help you achieve what you need. That's the great feature of Family Base! As a parent, you can control only the 'trusted contacts' who can reach your child or that your child can contact, even when there's limits and restrictions enabled.

So, what you will do is set the time restrictions which block all usage during those times. However, since you are concerned with them needing access to calls and text messages, all you have to do is add "trusted contacts" information. Then, you will have the security of knowing your limits are in place and your kids can still contact whoever they need to. Please let us know if you're unable to find the sections I mentioned in the guide I sent you in the link in my prior message.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BCouce
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI: I did exactly what you said and MY NUMBER is getting blocked! So you think as the account number, I'd block myself? I did NOT. I added my number to the whitelist so why was I blocked? Here is the message he got when he tried to text me. "VZW FREE MSG: Your phone has been restricted by the account holder. You cannot make calls until the time of day restriction ends." i don't want data to be limited all of the time but only when I'm not able to be around. I have DNS blocks on my router to block inappropriate websites but it seems they just wait til I'm not around and access them with data. If we are out doing family stuff in ok with them posting pics to Facebook, Instagram or whatever. I have no reason to block numbers for calls or texts because they aren't abusing that feature. The data limit sucks because I have to set it for less than what is used and can't immediately restrict it. As annoying as it is to mess with constantly, if I could set it for the amount that is used and stop it immediately I'd switch it back and forth. Also, can I block the messages like the one received today because all those do is cause then to argue with me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BCouce, I do apologize for the inconvenience you have been through. Although Family Base is a great feature you are taking advantage of, I do apologize you are not able to restrict data only during a specific time. Then only way to do so, is by doing the work around and doing the steps provided. However, your number should not be blocked if you placed it on the white list. Was the phone turned off and on after the restriction was placed? I regret to inform we would not be able to block the automatic messages being sent out.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BCouce
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is it that iPhones cannot do age restrictions through FamilyBase? That

alone would solve my issue?

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes