Family Companion won't work on son's phone. Why?
staceylynn42

Both of my sons have Samsung Core Prime phones. On one of them the Family Companion works just fine. I get the information & can control the phone.

But on the other one it does not work at all.  I've disabled it & re-enabled it. I've factory reset the phone - twice. I've installed, uninstalled & re-installed the update. I've turned it off and back on again.  I get nothing. Just a notice on my phone that I need to set up Family Companion on his phone.  I've tried tech support but they don't seem to understand the software, how it works & what to do with it.  They keep telling me to uninstall the program through settings & that simply is not an option, just enable/disable.

Someone please help me. It worked for maybe 2 days when we first got the phone but now nothing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Companion won't work on son's phone. Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of being able to manage your childrens phone staceylynn42. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. To ensure we are troubleshooting the correct feature, are you having issues wth Family Locator, which allows you to track the device location or Family Base which allows you to manage the usage on the phones, set time retrictions on when the child can/cannot use the device?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
staceylynn42

Family Companion, which works with Family Base.  Base goes on the adult phone & Companion goes on the kids.  It lets me manage the kid's phone use & see what he's doing on it. It's installed & enabled on his phone (and has been deactivated & reactivated many times and the phone has been factory reset twice trying to get it to work) but my Family Base app says it needs to be set up on his phone.  You can't reinstall it because you can't uninstall it. I don't know what is left to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@staceylynn42

Thanks for clarifying!  I would like to ensure the features on this particular son's line are provisioned correctly for the Family Companion feature to work.  I will send you a Direct Message to further troubleshoot.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
staceylynn42

So it's been awhile since I responded to Anthony's DM and have yet to hear ANYTHING back.

Is anyone else able to help me with this problem?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You marked the question as answered, so you might not hear anything else since it is considered resolved.

0 Likes
staceylynn42

No I didn't.  I was surprised to see it marked that way.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can go back and un-select the "correct answer."

0 Likes