Re: Family Smart Plan won't recognize line(s)
ov10mech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why take this private?  What suggestions do you have to fix this so the rest of the community here can benefit from seeing the solution? I am not the only one with the problem.  I will send a private message but will also update the community here as well.  

Vera1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  I also find it convenient I can monitor all the lines data except an iPad.  When I saw my daughter went through 8 GB in one day . . .they told me they didn't have the technology last year.  This year they want to sell me the unlimited data.  If we're paying for the data, and there is an app to help us control data usage, what does the device have to do with it? The Ipad was using cellular just like a phone. They can't have it both ways!

0 Likes
Jtuchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having the exact same issue. Only the parent line is showing up on my account on the app. The rest of the family is not. No explanation and no fix from Verizon. Anyone else have a fix or anything that worked? I’m not gonna pay Verizon for the smart family service if it doesn’t even work on our account!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on SmartFamily for my son's phone, and I totally understand the importance of being able to use the app correctly and monitor your child's usage.  I am here to help and we will get this figured out.  Can you please check if you have the current software on the phone and the application?  If one is available please perform the updates.  When did this start?  What changes were made when this started (software update, app update, etc)?

-Santo

0 Likes
Jtuchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi. I have the current software. The app has never worked. It works fine on my wife’s line just not mine. 

0 Likes
Jtuchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support Thank you for your response. I do have the current software. The app has never worked on my line. It works fine on my wife’s line - just not mine.  Please help! If we can't get it working then the Smart Family add on is useless and we will just have to cancel the service. Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working with our team, in this public forum. As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Jtuchman
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support Hello. I’ve tried all your fixes and nothing has worked. I believe my only option left is to cancel the service. I’m not going to pay for a service that doesn’t work. Tickets have been opened with no progress. Thank you for trying. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jtuchman. We want to make sure your Smart Family is working as it should for you. We have sent you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes