Family base and android 6.0
stavin02

Since both of my sons phones were updated to android 6.0 (droid turbo 2) I can no longer lock their phone at night. That was one of the main reasons I paid for the family base...The other reason was I could set data limits for them so they dont run up my bill. Will that still work with android 6.0 or is that also not working anymore?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family base and android 6.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stavin02

We absolutely want to ensure you're able to use Family Base just like you're used to! I'm so sorry for the trouble you're running into with controlling the usage of your sons' lines. I was unable to locate anything showing that this was expected after the update. Everything should certainly be up and running for you! All the details about what Family Base can do is found here: http://vz.to/1ViZ9bM

Were there any other changes to the lines besides the updates? How soon after the update did this stop working?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stavin02

One phone had the family base companion installed before the update and the other phone did not. The phone that did not was mine and I gave it to my son when I got the HTC 10. I did a FDR on it and gave it to him to set up, after he was done I tried to install the family base companion and it was not in the google play store, so I looked in the "my apps" section and there it was...uninstalled. I tried to install it and it says it is not compatible with the device. It was then that I checked my other sons phone and found that even if the family base app on my phone said that i "locked" his phone, it was not locked. My other concern is that since the app seems to not work anymore that they are going to run my data over what I pay for. I have limits set for them, but I have zero confidence right now that the app will work as advertised and stop data until the next billing period.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you replying back with more details about the issues you are having with Family Base companion, Stavin02. Let me get these concerns resolved and help your confidence to come back. I am sending you a private message and ask you to reply to that message. Then we can look closer into a resolution on each device based on your information.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes