Family base companion not working
pmichaelmd

I just replaced my son's Droid Turbo with another Droid Turbo under the insurance agreement and Family Base Companion is no longer working. The new phone has a new SIM card and that is reflected on my online account. My phone and computer are able to access Family controls and lock the phone, but it doesn't lock his new phone. I does, however, lock his old, broken phone.

I have uninstalled, reset, reinstalled the companion base app on his phone, restarted it, all to no avail.  Is there any way to reset his family base companion app so it works again?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family base companion not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve come to the right place for help pmichaelmd. I’m here to assist with that FamilyBase issue. It sounds as though the previous device is still registered for the FamilyBase companion application. You will want to ensure you have registered the new device for the application instead so that it receives the text message acknowledging the new device. You can use the steps provided here to do so:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-81604/.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pmichaelmd

This isn't possible as the companion app is a native Verizon app on his phone and cannot be uninstalled. Since it is on his phone, I can't use that option on my phone.  Is there another way to uninstall the companion app or to reset it so it recognizes his device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is straightened out for you pmichaelmd. On the new DROID Turbo you can download and install the application without having to make any changes on the old DROID Turbo. The previous link that we provided will teach you how to do so. Let us know if this works for you.

0 Likes
MustangGtAprille

I would like to know how many days you can go back on family plan to see the numbers I thought it was 90 but after a week it starts over is this how it works ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your usage information is crucial, MustangGtAprille. We're happy to get you on the path to retrieving that information. Are you looking for calls or text details?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes