Family locator
Schantelle23

Family locator is downloaded on all phones (androids) in my house. But i get constant notifications that my son's phone has located him off property when he is sitting right next to me. It shows him home when hes at school. When all family members are in the house together, gps shows 2 phones a mile away and 3 phones at home. How do I get this to be more accurate?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family locator
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the phone have the GPS off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to locate all the devices accurately is important, Schantelle23. Like Ann154 mentioned, I would recommend making sure that the GPS is enabled.  Also, you can change the location method or accuracy depending on the device.  The High Accuracy setting would provide you the most accurate GPS location.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Schantelle23, it's essential that your Family Locator works like it should. I can understand how confusing this would be. When did this start? What zip code are you at? Have you updated software or added new applications recently on either phone?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Schantelle23

Location is always on. That's not the issues as I've tried shutting it off and turning it back on to see if it fixes the issue.

0 Likes
Schantelle23

This began when I added the other phones to the locator account. Software has been updated recently but this issue was prior to the update and continues after the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing where your family is, and being able to keep up on their whereabouts is critical. We know that this is frustrating for you, and we will definitely help you out. You can read up on Family Base here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/,and you can read up on Family Locator and accuracy here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/family-locator-faqs/#item94. If you have any questions after checking these sources out, let us know. We're here to help.

SeaneB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes