FamilyBase Companion code from the parent app
JONZEL91

My son's device and mine lost pairing somehow.  When I try to pair in the parent app, it sends a link to my son's phone.  On my son's phone, clicking the link in the text opens the companion app looking like it's already paired.  The only button is to Deactivate.  I think if I deactivate, I'll be able to pair it again, but it asks for a code from the parent app.  I can't get to the code in the parent app because it thinks my son's phone isn't paired.

What can I do to get this thing working again?

My phone is a Google Pixel and my son's phone is a Droid Moto.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FamilyBase Companion code from the parent app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonzel91, we’re going to need the exact make/model of your son’s phone since we do not have a “Droid Moto” as a model. Since this has been happening, have you powered both phones off for at least 1-2 minutes and then power the phones back on again?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to pair your device. I would be concerned if I were unable to connect my device as well. Let's look into getting this fixed for you. When did this happen for both phones? Has there been any updates on the devices? Do you have the latest application version on your device.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONZEL91

It happened this week. We only set it up last weekend.  I received an email two days after setting it up that my son's phone hadn't reported for a day.  There haven't been any updates and I assume we have the most recent version since I just installed it less than a week ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You most certainly will have the most up to date software, JONZEL91. Let’s keep working at this. I believe you’re on the right track with deactivating, and even uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it. I’ve updated the notes that we’re at that step. Let us know when it’s working again. We’ll be here.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
JONZEL91

I cannot deactivate the companion app without the deactivation code from the parent app and I cannot uninstall until it is deactivated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonzel91, we’re going to need the exact make/model of your son’s phone since we do not have a “Droid Moto” as a model. Since this has been happening, have you powered both phones off for at least 1-2 minutes and then power the phones back on again?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONZEL91

Powering off both phones for a few minutes made it so that I could pair the phones again.

0 Likes