FamilyBase Parent vs. Child Profile
TracyLz

I just switched both of my boys to Verizon and I setup FamilyBase.  My line is with my company account, so I only have the two kids' lines on the account.  Since one of the lines has to be designated as the Parent, it appears I won't be able to get all of the features available on that line.  Is there any way around this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FamilyBase Parent vs. Child Profile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TracyLz,

You are correct in your findings. Due to the recent update our application developers are working on a update to fix this for our customers. I know this is a concern and we are working to get it resolved for our customers. Thank you for your patience while we work on this.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings TracyLz. Thanks a lot for your question. I appreciate you wanting to get the most of your FamilyBase service. I have it on my account. As I’m sure you know, there must be at least one line as the Parent for the FamilyBase service to work. At this time, Verizon Wireless doesn’t offer the ability to have that Parent line be on a different account. I can see that you have a line through your employer. Have you considered adding third a line to your own account for your personal needs? If not for you, then there may be another trusted adult in your life that may be able to step in as the FamilyBase parent. If so, that would be the best solution to your concerns.

DionM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TracyLz

Neither of those options will work. My husband and I own the company that

is my employer, so paying for another line would be a waste of money and

the other adult would be my husband and he is on my employer and account

also.

Is there a place I can make a suggestion for future changes?

On Feb 5, 2016 8:17 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracylz,  I am an avid user of Family Base controls. What feature are you not able to use with the primary line?
AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
TracyLz

I would like to be able to lock the phone and it appears I can only do that

with the app. Is that correct?

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's correct my friend, TracyLz. FamilyBase is an awesome service to manage the other lines. What other questions do you have for us? We want to help you get the most out of FamilyBase.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
TracyLz

Does the Familybase phone lock work on the Motorola Droid Maxx?  Some features are locked such as sending texts and making calls, but my son can still search the web and receive texts and calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TracyLz, Family Base absolutely works for the Motorols Droid Maxx. Lets get everything set to your liking. I actually did set the text and call restrictions for my sister's phone recently, and I had to adjust the Time Zone on it. When you go into the settings, andclick on time restrictions there should be an area where you can constrict the calls, texts, and set 5 numbers that your child can still contact in case of an emergency.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TracyLz

I think we are talking about two different things.  I'm referring to the phone lock feature on the FamilyBase App.  I thought that I could lock the phone in 30 min increments, but it doesn't really lock it because he still receives texts and calls, just can't send texts or make calls.

0 Likes
TracyLz

I just found this on the FamilyBase FAQ page...

-------------------

Note: Due to an updated Android security patch, you won't be able to apply the instant lock or view app information on recently updated Android Lollipop OS devices or any devices using Marshmallow OS. On these devices, only the enhanced contacts functionality will remain in effect.

------------------

It seems this may be my issue.  Do you know if it will be fixed?

0 Likes