FamilyBase feature set, iOS vs Android
RSkelton

Is there a chart which explains which features are available with iPhone (managed) devices and which with Android (managed) devices? I am confused on the features which require an additional app on the managed phone vs the features available in the base app.

Also, does it matter whether the parent device is iPhone or Android?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FamilyBase feature set, iOS vs Android
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Basically, the controls work for all phones.  You can set time restrictions, usage limits, and blocked contacts.  The only things that won't work on iphone are the "companion app" features such as On-Demand locks.  Also, with iphones you can't really check the number of iMessages sent/received because they are just seen as data connections.

0 Likes
Vespi1

I've added Safeguard to my account so I can manage my son's texting during school. Now I tried to set it up and I get an error message. After I signed up I see in very small print that this only works on Android. I have an Android he has an Iphone. When will that ever be available? I did put a limit on his phone for data use. Hope at least  that works! Anyone know about this?

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Currently the locks will not work for iPhones because of restrictions from the maufacturer.  I doubt that will change because Apple is really into device security, and allowing a third party app to lock their customer's device would go against that.  If controlling his usage is important to you, I would suggest switching to a compatible device.

I am a Verizon Wireless employee, and the opinions in this post are my own and do not reflect the views of Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes