FamilyBase - iPhone Camera and FaceTime
bflotim1

I recently installed FamilyBase on my son's iPhone and it is blocking access to the camera and FaceTime apps.  They are both greyed out and cannot be reactivated.  Any guidance on how to reactivate the camera and FaceTime apps would be most appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FamilyBase - iPhone Camera and FaceTime
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is most unusual. Have you tried removing the feature to make sure that is what is causing the issue? 

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bflotim1

I removed family base from my son's phone and the camera and FaceTime apps reactivated.  I then reinstalled family base on his phone and the camera and FaceTime apps deactivated again.  It's very frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
CHRIS93T

I am having the same issue with my daughters iPhone.  I installed FamilyBase and the camera does not work.  Has this problem been resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chris93t,

We want your daughter to be able to use her phone. When you check your FamilyBase companion app or the My Verizon website where you can set restrictions, do you see any settings for the camera?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DERCOL12

Hi, in the content filters for the child in FamilyBase, make sure that you have not blocked FaceTime in the Messaging content filter. If you block FaceTime, it will not allow you to change the settings for FaceTime OR the camera in the restrictions on the iPhone.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes