FamilyBase - not able to allocate data usage to all lines
Klindholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been using familybase to allocate our children's data usage and it has worked great.  All of a sudden, it will not let me set the limit on my son's phone.  I can set it on my daughter's, but when I try on my son's, it says "usage allowance update fail".  I have been trying for over a week now.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FamilyBase - not able to allocate data usage to all lines
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone does your son have?  Is the companion app installed and current on his phone?

0 Likes
Klindholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

He has an i-phone 7 plus, same as my daughter that it works fine on.  No, he does not have the companion app installed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK - it seems the iPhone isn't compatible with the companion app - but you still should be able to set data limits for each phone via My Verizon.  Have you been able to set limits for this same phone before?

Did you recently change your plan to a higher or lower total data allowance? Is the total data allowed going to be greater than your plan allowance?

0 Likes
Klindholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

We did recently change our data plan to allow for more data.  Setting limits on my daughters phone is no problem and she has the same phone and it's new also.  The total data allowance is much lower than the data we have.  It really doesn't make sense, I've been allowed to set his data since he received his new phone too.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you've been trying for a week ... have you rebooted the computer, and the phone, and the tried?  I'm thinking maybe a caching issue on either the phone or computer and a restart will clear that.

If that doesn't work, perhaps a call in to Customer service can get this resolved.  Choose option 4 for "Other, then say "Agent" at the voice prompt and you should be connected to a real human in short order.

0 Likes
Klindholm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once my son rebooted his phone, I was able to set a limit for one day, then back to not being able to. Now my daughter who had a limit, was notified she was at her limit, however, it didn't stop her data.  The FamilyBase is not working correctly.  Someone needs to look into this.

0 Likes