Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,761 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Familybase parent app code
ryan76md

I have a Galaxy S8+

Sons is a Samsung J3

Family base told me my sons phone hasn't responded in two days. It told me I needed to pair his phone again to be able to resolve the issue and access his filters again. I follow the instructions to send his phone a text. The text opens his Familybase Companion on his phone. When it opens, it says Familybase Companion is active. The only option it gives me is to "Deactivate". When I do that, it says "Deactivate FamilyBase Companion with the code from the parent app. I can't find a cde nor do I remember setting one up during initial install last week. How do I find or reset the code so I can resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Familybase parent app code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
mike310

I have the same question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

<<removed>>, help is here as it is of utmost importance that we provide you answers and resolution regarding this issue with Family Base. Let's get started. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
MSJAY1

I'm having the same issue.  I'm the parent and somehow Familybase Companion is on MY PHONE...and I'm unable to uninstall it because it keeps asking for a Deactivation Code.  What is the Deactivation Code? This is preventing me from doing a lot of functions on my phone.

Please Advise.

I've called Verizon and have spoken to 2 technicians who had no idea on what to do and was pretty much useless.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

MSJAY1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same issues with your Family Base service. It's important we get this service to function properly for you and I'm happy to help fix this. I researched this issue and I was able to find a resolution. Please refer to the information listed below:

There are two ways to uninstall the companion app, option 1 is easiest and most preferred.

1. Remove content filters for the child line first, and then uninstall the companion app on the child device like any regular Android app.

2. Retrieve the deactivation code in the parent app, and then enter it in the companion app and uninstall the companion app.

• To retrieve the deactivation code, go to the parent app.
  • Find the child line whose companion app shall be removed, select "Content Filters".
  • Tap on the Gear icon on the top right corner.
  • Tap on "More Info".
  • In the first Q&A, find the deactivation code.

I hope this is beneficial.

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AC1DFOX

Similar issue. Verizon changed the Family Base app to Smart Family. So now i cant get the code to ubinstall Family Base from my sons phone on my phone anymore, because i dont have, and cant install the Family Base app. Stuck in a loop

0 Likes
Bluechicken

Similar problem here. Got new phone for my son but need parent code to start smart switch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bluechicken, thank you for reaching out to us. Let's review. Can you please provide more details about the code you are inquiring about? Is the code related to Familybase? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes