How can I block restricted, unavailable and private calls?
Seakrits

My daughter just got a phone and she's been getting at least 5-6 unknown callers per day. Some are 888 numbers, some are local numbers, some are from other states. I have her phone set to not allow calls during school hours and nights, but she'll still get some between 3-8 pm and also on weekends. I've called a few of them and have asked them to remove the number, but there are still too many more, and sometimes the phone rings with a number we don't recognize, and if I don't get to her phone in time, there's no info anywhere that anyone called so I can't even call it back. If I check the box to block restricted, unavailable, and private calls, will this help? I'm not sure what constitutes a number with these labels. I've seen numbers come up 'unavailable' before, but are some also 'restricted' and 'private'? If so, I assume that WONT help since these calls have a phone number attached to them, we just don't know who they are.

Additionally, is there any way to block ALL calls except for her contacts? That would be the most preferable, personally, since no one but our families should know her number anyway.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restricted, unavailable, and private calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seakrits,

We need to stop those unknown calls. I know its always an issue when I don't recognize a phone number. Let's get those calls to stop.  You have the option of blocking specific numbers that call. Also, there are third party applications you can download which offer options for you to block unknown callers. One for example is called True caller. This is an application that I use personally and it works great.  If you have any additional concerns or questions feel free to message us.
JasperMMMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Restricted, unavailable, and private calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seakrits,

We need to stop those unknown calls. I know its always an issue when I don't recognize a phone number. Let's get those calls to stop.  You have the option of blocking specific numbers that call. Also, there are third party applications you can download which offer options for you to block unknown callers. One for example is called True caller. This is an application that I use personally and it works great.  If you have any additional concerns or questions feel free to message us.
JasperMMMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes