How can I set mobile data allowances for individual lines on a shared data plan?
Leszek

I want to set mobile data allowances for individual lines on a shared data plan, but do not want to use the FamilyBase service as this comes with unnecessary additional features as well as an expense. How can I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I set mobile data allowances for individual lines on a shared data plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Family Base IS the way to do this.  You can set warnings on each phone as they near their "limit" that you have manually set, but the data will not STOP at that point, it's up to the individual to monitor it themselves. If you want the data to cut off at a limit you set, Family Base is the only way, that I am aware of.  And the $5 fee is for the whole plan, so the expense is minimal, especially compared to data overages.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I set mobile data allowances for individual lines on a shared data plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Family Base IS the way to do this.  You can set warnings on each phone as they near their "limit" that you have manually set, but the data will not STOP at that point, it's up to the individual to monitor it themselves. If you want the data to cut off at a limit you set, Family Base is the only way, that I am aware of.  And the $5 fee is for the whole plan, so the expense is minimal, especially compared to data overages.